- Seeing a kestrel coming in to land on a streetlight just as we drove underneath it.
- A little pre-move in tour of our new home.
- Discovering that I actually rather enjoy packing. Which is good as we’ve had an entire flat to pack up! Christmas decorations are staying up as long as possible though.
- Remembering how much I love old episodes of Friends- it’s been my packing company over the weekend. It’s great to discover that an episode I’d seen many times still had me giggling away.
- Visiting my parents for a cup of tea and being very jealous of their lovely Christmas tree.
- A work trip out to a site that is usually permit only led me to discover that this site was BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely magical even and it made me feel incredibly privileged to be there. I’m already applying for that permit in my mind…
- A delicious work Christmas lunch with great company. I am very lucky with my colleagues.
- Catching up with an old friend. And her leading me to this. Apologies if you’ve never worked with brand guidelines and it means nothing, but I found it hilarious!
- Seeing a flock of city centre redwings on my way to work on Friday.
- And finally- knowing that we get the keys to our new house later today. SO excited.
1. Drinking fresh mint tea on a cold day.
2. Discovering a beautiful interiors shop in Amsterdam.
3. Relaxing with a coffee in the hotel bar before our flight home. I felt very smug all wrapped up in the warm when it was cold and drizzly outside.
4. A Brass Band playing Christmas Carols outside Waitrose
5. Having a coffee in the newly opened cafe above a local gallery- expect more on that one soon. The Passionfruit and Orange fruit tea was divine.
6. Buying some beautiful little reindeer in Sainsbury’s. I saw them in another lady’s basket and dragged Chris around the Christmas aisles until we tracked them down!
7. Bumping into good friends in Ikea and spending Wednesday night with others.
8. Making my first batch of mince pies and giving my Christmas mug it’s first use.
9. Spending the evening drinking mulled wine and exploring Winchester Christmas market with colleagues last night. I found some perfect presents.
10. Feeling festive- inspired by another blogger, I’ve strung up some twigs with baubles and added a fee candles round and about. Mulled wine and baked Camembert added to the feeling.
- Seeing a tube train being taken on the back of a lorry, southbound on the M3- was it going to the beach?!
- Finding out that some friends have finally exchanged contracts on their house after having an offer first accepted in July.
- Nachos and NFL Sunday- standard practice here these days.
- Our team having a very busy workload and resulting in my manager making us all toasted teacakes with plenty of butter. And then setting off the building’s fire alarm by burning them, oops.
- Having an actual lunch break and meeting my Mum for a coffee.
- Being taken away for a surprise 2 nights away. Thanks Chris.
- An amazing jazz quintet playing in Winchester High Street- perfection.
- Drinking a very festive gingerbread latte whilst listening to said jazz quartet.
- I know I said it last week, but I am still in love with the beautiful sunsets at the moment.
- How happy my goldfish are to see me in the morning. I know they just want feeding but their little faces make me smile.
What has been the highlight of your week?
- A lone trumpet busker playing in the cold, crisp sunshine on Remembrance Sunday. I parted with some pennies.
- Spending Saturday night at family friends’ annual firework and bonfire gathering- tradition.
- Staying over at my parents’ after the fireworks, and having the company of this feline friend.
- Rediscovering the dregs of last year’s Body Shop Cranberry Joy body scrub- Christmas in the shower! Pleased to see this is available again this year, I’ll be stocking up the next time I see a 40% discount code!
- Autumn leaves in the sunshine- never gets old. My personal favourites are beech leaves- the tree above is outside our block of flats and it’s beautiful. Makes me smile every morning.
- Writing cards- birthdays, thank yous and congratulations on the arrival of another baby cousin once removed.
- Hearing some VERY exciting news. More on that next Tuesday…
- Making bread for the work Bake Off. My contribution? This Scandilicious loaf.
- The gorgeous sunsets this week. In particular the beautiful pink sky reflected in the River Hamble on Wednesday evening.
- A lovely buzzard sitting on a lamppost watching the world go by.