1. Spending John Lewis vouchers on a fruit bowl and port glasses and feeling rather old!
2. Flushing a waxwing flock on a country lane.
3. Finding a lovely little garden centre near us (with a great aquatics section).
4. Ice skating at the Natural History Museum. I only fell over once.
5. A quiet New Year’s Eve just us two.
6. Finishing Wolf Hall.
7. Enjoying our little Christmas tree. It only went up on 23 December so still feels very new.
8. Feeling relaxed and cosy in our new surroundings.
9. Discovering how my morning walk to the station is filled with birdsong.
10. One of my lovely colleagues getting engaged. And feeling very privileged to be one of the few people who know so far.
I hope the start of 2014 has been kind to you all.
**Happy New Year**