Happy Sunny Saturday! Isn’t this heat wave incredible- I really can’t remember the last time it was possible to have a sunny day and then go to bed with the guarantee of another perfect day tomorrow, can you? It seems like years ago.
I don’t know about you but on a hot, summer’s morning even I can’t face my beloved hot cup of tea when it’s been so warm overnight. However, I do still need a caffeine pick-me-up especially given how lightly I sleep in this heat. So here’s a really easy summer drink recipe- iced coffee.
Here’s how to make your coffee in 5 easy steps:
- Make yourself a shot of espresso (or very strong coffee if you’re using instant)
- Add sugar to taste and allow to dissolve
- Fill a glass with ice (you will need a fair bit!)
- Tip the hot coffee over the ice into the glass
- Top up with milk, mix and enjoy your ice cold coffee
Be warned though, these are really addictive and I’ve been limiting myself to one a day over the past week.
Have you made iced coffee before? Any other ideas? I’m thinking of trying out some iced green tea later today- I shall report back if successful!