With the instructions for Wild Olive’s Summer Stitch club sat firmly in my inbox, I set off into town on Friday on a mission to stock up on supplies to see me through the summer.
What I already had kicking around:
• Scissors, pins, needle, thread
• Hexagons printed on heavy paper or light card stock from the instructions
• Sewing machine- I have my Grannie’s old Bernina which I love
The instructions called for:
• Embroidery floss in 6 colours- I chose DMC 166, 413, 597, 613, 743 and 840 to match my fabric colours
• Linen for the embroidery hexagons (x12) – I chose a natural coloured linen and cotton mix
• Quilting cotton – Color A (x6), Color B (x6) and Color C (x26)- This seemed like a fab excuse to use up some of the scraps sitting unloved in my stash, so all the patterned fabrics are bits and pieces I’ve picked up here and there- not sure which I’ll use for which at the moment
And I’m yet to pick up:
• Quilting cotton – Backing – about 15×22 inches
• Thin cotton batting – about 15×22 inches
• Quilting cotton – Binding – 6×45 inches
Progress so far?